2006 Ford Expedition Crank, no start with a lot of diagnostics...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

GEONV

Reaction score
I haven't done a compression test- but on the suspicion that I might have bad gas in the tank since who knows how old it is, I pulled the fuel pump fuse, and sprayed starting fluid in the intake. Started right up and idled great till it ran out of starting fluid.

OP
OP
G

GEONV

Reaction score
Put some new gas in it and it fired right up. Will still do a compression test for the sake of curiosity.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's great news ! How much of the guides were missing when you pulled it apart ? Just wondering if it's worth it to pull the oil pan. Hopefully the oil filter caught most of that aluminum. Run a 5w-30 synthetic in it and you should be fine, and get many more miles out of it. You're lucky to have the skills to do all the work yourself ! So many people would've thrown in the towel, or paid thousands to get it running. Good work !

OP
OP
G

GEONV

Reaction score
125 psi compression on the formerly dead bank.

I was able to piece back together the broken guide so I have all of it! I didn’t see any aluminum shavings in the head valleys so I’ll take that for the best.

I’ll tell you it was not a fun job to do! But thanks to this forum for all the help!

OP
OP
G

GEONV

Reaction score
Well… I thought So too but now the fuel pump is losing its prime and I have to turn the key off and on a number of times before it builds pressure to start. Guessing they did an Amazon special pump. Once it starts it runs fine and holds pressure but shutting it off the pressure bleeds off fast. No leaks anywhere. Going to bite the bullet and buy a ford fuel pump. Feels like whatever shop or person did this work really wasn’t good.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That really sucks. Are you sure they ever replaced the factory fuel pump ? The price on the Motorcraft pump isn't too bad. You most likely won't have problems with the installation and the fuel quantity sender will work correctly. I've had problems in the past with off brand senders not working, or the pump is defective right out of the box. It's just a labor intensive job. But if you get most of the gas out of the tank beforehand it's really not too bad.

Motorcraft PFS341 Fuel Pump at Rock Auto

OP
OP
G

GEONV

Reaction score
I’ll take a look, I’d rather change the pump than the whole sender if I can! Just word of the previous owner- no documentation provided.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire