Looking for hard to find part.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buzzcon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Please excuse me if this is the wrong place to post this, but I am looking for the rear sunglasses holder in the top center consul (please see picture). I have been looking on Ebay etc. since Dec to try and find one but no luck. I have read where some posters have a parts Expedition and thought they might be willing to part with this bad boy.

If you have one and are willing to part with it, let me know what you want for it. I would like the wife to be able to put her sunglasses in there.

Thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

• centercomp.jpg
    centercomp.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 69

hertfordnc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 98 parts truck with the sunglass holder. I think you have the garage door pocket in the photo.

Mine is dark green.

OP
OP
buzzcon

buzzcon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think you have the garage door pocket in the photo.

OK, sorry if I am wrong here, but it looks like something is missing on mine. I read that you could use the second one for a garage door opener, and I just figure it had the same set up as the front compartment. I don't know how you would mount the opener the way it is, I've never owned a garage or a garage door opener ;-)

hertfordnc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure myself, if i had a garage I would not park the car in it but the openers typically have a single big button and and the pocket has a post or two that would mash the button
when you push up on it

Meanwhile, the pocket in front of that one is for sunglasses.

mjlcobra

Reaction score
The pocket came with Velcro, attach one piece to the pocket and one to your opener. I have found that a BIC (crystal) pen cap fits nicely over one of those post slots. I just cut the long tab off the cap and it fits nicely.

OP
OP
buzzcon

buzzcon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let me ask this, can the sunglasses pocket like in the front compartment be put in the rear compartment? Mine are prescription sunglasses and a must, and just want a place for the wifes.

BAD RONALD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does the rear of your center console have the headphones hanger facing the backseats? If so, the space might accommodate a sunglasses case. I realize this does not answer your question and I'm supposing there is a reason you don't want to store her shades inside the console itself.

OP
OP
buzzcon

buzzcon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does the rear of your center console have the headphones hanger facing the backseats? If so, the space might accommodate a sunglasses case. I realize this does not answer your question and I'm supposing there is a reason you don't want to store her shades inside the console itself.

Yes, I have been trying to think of a way to make it as convenient for my wife as it is for me. Her sunglasses don't have a case (which could be fixed easily), and the glove compartment is full with my maint records and two pair of mechanics gloves (a must for me). The center console is filled with extra gear and supplies. CD changer is gone, I removed it a few months back, it didn't work anyway. Plus, if stored in the console, they always seem to end up on the bottom and you have to dig to find them.

I just thought I could use this compartment. The way it is now, it's just a waste of space. It's too bad.

B

bedrck46

If you were to get one of those flip open cases and rip the flip portion off I bet you could find a way to attach the case and use it for your needs expy, Velcro etc

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a thought, this is what I have been doing with my sunglasses. I have been placing them on the shift lever near on the steering column. I keep safety glasses in the storage compartment up above so I have no room for my sunglasses other than the center storage area in front of the console, and they never quite fit there.

My sunglasses don't interfere with the shifter at all and it seems like a good place to keep them out of the dirt and from getting scratched. Could be an option for yours so that the wife can have the upper compartment.

Otherwise check junkyards. They probably scavenge the center consoles and sell those parts off the wrecked trucks they get.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger