Looking for help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have been plagued with car issues, our 2015 Ford F-150 Lariat, 4x4. It is loaded with features, but more problems. 3 x for towing errors, that turn off the trailer brakes, homelink doesn’t work 90% of the time, sync is a joke, and rear a/c is funky. We have a extended warranty but it spends more time in the shop than I care to admit.

Hubby surprised me with 2018 Expedition, so I’m still overwhelmed with his love and the gesture.

Now, I’m looking to replace his truck. I had a platinum ready to go, 14k difference- hubby then started looking at Raptors. He’s always wanted one. All dealers want 5k above MSRP. I found a dealer to sell at sticker and it sold before I arrived.... seriously.

Thoughts? Should I pursue another one? Or does anyone know of any issues? I only want new not preowned.i don’t want to inherit someone’s nightmare....

Seriously looking to gain insight. They hold their resale value, hand over fist. Saw a 2012 with 100k selling for 33k. I don’t get it....help

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Can you guys handle the cost of two $80k plus car payments back to back? I would consider sinking my family in debt up to our noses before I consider the guster of my heart.

I think if you really are adamant about buying a new truck for him and he really wants one then the best thing you can do is let him choose the one he wants most or just let him know that you give him full permission to pursue his dream

BUT I really still think you guys as a couple need to discuss this first, this is how relationships are destroyed....due to financial hardship.

OP
OP
Spoiledhappywife

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks I appreciate it. Fortune that Expedition is paid for. Blessed is a better word.

14k for Platinum, 23 for a Raptor. That s with trade. I’m not wanting him to pass up opportunity....but he will settle....sigh

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Ok well with that said then I really think you should let him find the truck he wants the most, have him drive the platinum and the raptor back to back and decide from there, if he isn't hung up on buying a pick-up only there are plenty of other choices either be it for luxury or performance.

OP
OP
Spoiledhappywife

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you. It took what felt like forever. He decided on platinum. Final factor, step up tailgate and HD tow. I had a good deal. 18,352.05. Not terrible! Happy hubby! Only funny issue, we only own blue Fords.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How come when someone asks a simple question like Platinum or Raptor someone always has to chime in with financial advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because she specifically asked a question regarding the prices and financing on both trucks. Habibie gave good advice, a lot of people are purchasing vehicles beyond their means right now in the current market.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Thank you. It took what felt like forever. He decided on platinum. Final factor, step up tailgate and HD tow. I had a good deal. 18,352.05. Not terrible! Happy hubby! Only funny issue, we only own blue Fords.

Haha, personally I've never seen a blue f150 except for the Raptors but a quick search and I realized auto trader is littered with the same paint color as your expedition's f150 platinum, so it's not impossible to match, actually I think it's rather nice if the two matched... kinda lol not sure if the lighting is different or if the expedition is actually a brighter blue

SmartSelect_20180501-153933_Autotrader.jpg

SmartSelect_20180501-153956_Autotrader.jpg

2018-ford-expedition-live-1-1.jpg

EDIT~~~ ok I dont think they are the same color the different lighting kinds shows

SmartSelect_20180501-154839_Autotrader.jpg

SmartSelect_20180501-154931_Autotrader.jpg

Last edited:

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Because she specifically asked a question regarding the prices and financing on both trucks. Habibie gave good advice, a lot of people are purchasing vehicles beyond their means right now in the current market.

Please quote her and show me where she asked about prices and financing. SHe said she had a Platinum lined up then he started looking at Raptors and she found one and it sold while she was on her way there. Nothing about any of that implies she was asking if you guys thought she could afford them or not. She then asks if another Raptor is worth searching for and if they have any known problems. She then says she doesn’t want anything used and only wants new. Sorry but that doesn’t sound to me like a woman that can’t afford what she wants.

Do you guys honestly think someone would come on here and ask complete strangers who know nothing about that persons finances and ask if they thought they could afford something or not???

While Habbibie’s advice was sound it did not pertain WHATSOEVER to what the lady was asking. She simply asked Platinum or Raptor