Looking for map light sockets 1997 expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

974x4xlt

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new here, last week i bought a 97 expedition xlt and have officially begun the process of fixing (does it ever end? lol) I have racked my brain Googeling and always seem to come to a dead end of the item not longer being made, or non existent. I am looking for the housing/sockets that the light bulb goes into on the map light. The ribbon is still there, and thankfully not broken just looks like someone was a little to hard on the plastic housing. In my picture i have squared what i am talking about. Any help will be appreciated, sometimes all it takes is another set of eyes and hoping one of you can be those for me. Thank you very much

Inked1997 map light sockets_LI.jpg

OP
OP
974x4xlt

974x4xlt

Reaction score
Will these work ? Maybe use some LED bulbs to lessen the heat in the area too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2624407079...MI8uLTz9yA8QIVkT2tBh2h_wZKEAYYAiABEgJv3vD_BwE

If not, there's dozens of sockets to choose from over there on eBay.

These would work great, thank you for the link and the information. I am also looking for what that socket would plug into, this is the part i was talking about someone was to rough on it, the left side is just gone lol. there isn't to many junky yards around me but i think i might just have to travel a bit to see what they have. Here is a picture of the other side for reference. Thank you again

Inked20210605_171347_LI.jpg