Looking for some options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmack

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help. Ive had my expy a couple months now and im bored with the sound system. Ive got an 04 with the factory nav and I was thinking of either upgrading to the 06 oem nav or going aftermarket. I want to keep the overhead dvd for the kiddos and all my steering wheel controls aswell. Im seeing its hard to find harnesses for this thing !! anybody have a solution !! thanks

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check crutchfield.com. They have great customer service but their prices are usually higher than most. You can use their system to find out what fits then find those pieces elsewhere for a better price.

Chrismdean09

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just did this on my 04 eddie baurer that had a nav.. They dont make a harness that goes with our systems the one you get from crutchfield or any other place will be wrong. you actually have to get a different harness for like an escape. These harnesses work thats for sure. I recommend taking your head unit out then driving to a local audio shop and have them fit the right one or go check out this thread i started it has the part number at the bottom and such

http://expeditionforum.com/showthread.php?t=7547

however this doesnt not retain dvd but some guy on this forum has a very nice write up on how to keep the DVD. I didnt keep it cause Im driving and want people to talk to me. LAstly pioneer reccomends a very good factory steering control retainment system. go look at sonicelectronics.com they have some of the best prices too