Loose coil connection to sparkplug?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just checking the new coilpacks with the boot removed, and I noticed the connection from the coilpack to the sparkplug seems very loose.
It just barely hangs in there, without any resistance, you can easily slide the spring off and on. It doesn't make good contact.

Is this normal?

Here is a pic to better illustrate!IMG_20170707_155922.jpg

Dewayne

Reaction score
It's fine, if it fit tighty the spring would be ruined each time you removed the coil . Be sure to add some dielectric grease to bottom of boot

OP
OP
and0r

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It seems very loose though

OP
OP
and0r

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no it barely makes contact even with the spring pushing

OP
OP
and0r

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ah, i see what you mean,
there is a metal base for the spring to rest on. this is what makes contact, and is held there by the force of the spring.

you have to look closely to notice it!

harliemae

Reaction score
Just make sure when you put your grease in the boot that you don't overdo it. You don't need a lot. Also it would be a good idea to put some anti seize on the threads of the spark plug. I do this with every gas motor I work on I don't care if it's my weed wacker or my lawn mower or my truck every spark plug gets checked when I take it out of the box and then I put some anti seize on the threads. Here again a little is enough. You don't want so much of it on there that it gets on the tip of the plug.