Losing Reverse - time for new trans?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Very difficult time getting my truck into Reverse the last couple of days - I move the selector and truck acts like its in Neutral. Fluid looks perfect, linkage looks attached/working. Thoughts?

I'm starting to regret this purchase - cant help but think a Nissan or Toyota wouldn't give me as much trouble as this truck does. Buncha little crap adds up.

OP
OP
D

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dropped the ************* off with the trans repair shop. :-/

Really thinking Nissan Armada or even a sequoia

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would pick a Sequoia over the Armada any day. I have a couple of friends that own armadas and they regret getting them. And one of my friends pulls a boat with it he said its not that grate for pulling

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know ion the first gen the gear cable wears out and streaches making people think its there transmission but idk about 2nd or 3ed gens having this issue...
Or the plastic under the steering column with the screw cracks and they think it's in park and it rows away lol

Last edited:

ExpeditionUser

Reaction score
I've only questioned getting an Expedition over trivial, and stupid stuff like trying to find headers that fit, or not being able to do a 6" suspension lift lol. It is an extremely good vehicle though as it excels at doing everything that's actually important. To the OP, if you're mechanical at all, Rockauto has transmissions for our trucks.

OP
OP
D

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm mechanical - but it's still $1300ish...plus shipping. Just tired of this truck not working. My ex's F2002 F150 SCrew; we've had since 2005 and it's been nearly flawless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik