Loss of all electrical power - happen to anybody else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MavrickMA

Reaction score
This has happened a few times now.

Most recently, the truck was parked overnight. I came out, and I had no power. Wiggled the positive battery cable and it came back on. This by itself, would lead me to think that it is a loose power cable, but it worked when it was parked the previous night and hadn't been driven since.

Time before that I parked the truck, and went to turn it off. When I turned the key to the off position, at the same exact time that I removed the key, the truck lost all electrical power. 10-20 seconds later, it came back on all by itself, without me doing anything.

The first time, I didn't even know what happened, but I'm guessing this issue was the problem. I had parked it overnight (same as the most recent occurence). When I came back out to the truck the next day, it had power, but I noticed that it had lost power (my trip counter was reset, I had to re-program my radio, etc.).

At this point, I have no idea what it is, and I was hoping to get a few suggestions before I take it to the dealership to get checked out. Any ideas?

Thanks.

emf22

Reaction score
what year is the truck? It almost sounds like the battery cables are corroded and are momentarily loosing power. That's the only thing i can think of that would cause the whole electrical system to lose power. You should probably check both the positive and negative terminals on the battery cables to see if they are coming loose and inspect the cables for any wear or exposed wire.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker