Low MPG 07 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is your fuel capacity really 34 gallons? I googled your expy specs and thats what it said. Thats insane. A "heavy dose" would be more than 2 full cans. They recommend 1oz per gallon.

Edit: Well Mother Mary and Joseph.......I'm floored. I bought my '17 EL in June this year, and just now realized I also have a 34 gallon tank.

david_jr

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have always been under the impression that it is 28 gallons. I have never put more than 24 or 25 in it even if the 50 miles to empty light was on. I'll have to check my manual.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have the EL? Mines 28 gallons but maybe the longer ones have a bigger tank.

If it's an EL it's pushing more weight with the same powertrain so I'd guess the mileage would be lower. Especially if your carrying six more gallons of gas times 8 pounds a gallon.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is right off the Ford website. for the 2017 Expeditions. I'm sure that this is the same for all 3rd and 2nd gens.

Fuel Capacity.JPG

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my curb weight is 5,805 LBS for the Expedition standard. The EL has a curb weight of 6,155 LBS so right there it's carrying 350 pounds extra all the time which makes a difference as you have no more engine than the standard length.