Lowering front seat height in 2015 expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KRexpe

Reaction score
Hello,

I just recently upgraded my 2012 king ranch expe to a 2015. Being 6'7" head room has always been an issue, but I was good in my 2012 because it did not have a sunroof. The 2015 does and I do not have the head clearance I need.

I had 3 ideas to try and resolve this issue and am hoping someone can help.

1. Install a Gen 4 expedition seat bracket since the drivers seats are able to go much lower. (I've driven a 2021 platinum and was good on headroom)

2. Install an Explorer seat bracket since the drivers seats are able to go much lower

3. Try to modify current seat bracket, or a spare purchased online (All welding/ machining would be done by a professional)

Does anyone know if the Gen 4 expe seat brackets are compatible with the Gen 3? Has anyone attempted something like this before? I have tried searching and thus far I have been unsuccessful.

I don't even care if I can no longer adjust the seat if I use a spare bracket since I am the only one who drives it. I don't mind swapping it out/back when I sell it, however, I am worried about the airbag sensors working and retaining my heated and cooled seats. Any help/thoughts/input would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That looks like a viable solution that I would try/do. Reinstall before sale & may need in next one. My BNL is same height and they sent him to Vietnam:rolleyes: so you could possibly sell afterwards & get your $$ back. Nothing is getting cheaper.