Lube locations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PartTimer

Reaction score
I have been doing my own maint. on my 99 5.4 liter but I can't find all the lube points. According to the Chiltons there are like 4 or 5 but I have only been able to find one. How many are there?

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get the Haynes manual...the Chilton is really not that good (I have both, and I consistantly find what I need in the Haynes). Section 1 has all the lube points.

nstyle

Reaction score
I spent some time sliding around under the Expy today and found the same things Part Timer did. I have the Haynes manual and it details the 3 lube points around each front wheel and the 2 on the sway bar (I think it is a sway bar). I crawled all around the front and only found 2 lube points on the front middle passenger area. I did not find any around the wheels. I found each location that the manual showed a lube point and instead found what appeared to be a cap. Cap may be the wrong word, but there are some very clear parts that should have lube points, but do not.
Any ideas?

G

I have found both hayes and chiltons can be wrong on this point. In alot of case ford as well as chevy, dodge, toyota, etc. used sealed bearings. "Lubed for life" is what they call them.

All I want to know is who's life? Mine, yours, the expy, or a fruit fly?