Lug nut insanity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gorilla rusts here in New York in five months. The McGard ones don't and are guaranteed not to rust.

Both companies guarantee they won't rust, but both rust based on Amazon reviews. My Gorillas do have some cosmetic rust, but I haven't bothered trying to warranty them. I'm just happy the old girl is still running at this point.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed the lug nuts are a POS! I'm also of the thought that most of the problem is the use of an air gun to tighten the wheels. I always tell them NOT to use an air gun on my wheels and thus far no problems.

Andy Rubalcaba

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed the lug nuts are a POS! I'm also of the thought that most of the problem is the use of an air gun to tighten the wheels. I always tell them NOT to use an air gun on my wheels and thus far no problems.
I just stopped letting shops touch my wheels period to be honest. better to do my own tire rotations, brake inspections and service, and so on...

Y2KFirehawk

Reaction score
I just stopped letting shops touch my wheels period to be honest. better to do my own tire rotations, brake inspections and service, and so on...
Two wheels (one front, one rear) are required to be removed for brake inspections in PA. Sadly not an option for everyone to prevent service stations from removing/installing wheels. That said, they are required to note which wheels are removed on the inspection sticker so I always remove and re-torque once I get the vehicle back.

Andy Rubalcaba

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Two wheels (one front, one rear) are required to be removed for brake inspections in PA. Sadly not an option for everyone to prevent service stations from removing/installing wheels. That said, they are required to note which wheels are removed on the inspection sticker so I always remove and re-torque once I get the vehicle back.
oh dang really? we don't have any required inspections here in california. granted it can't be helped when a tire needs a patch, or something like that. but to minimize shops touching my wheels, that is about the only time they can ( ive had messed up paint and such on previous vehicles as well from shops ). thankfully since having the truck and brand new tires ( i put brand new Bridgestones on all four when I bought it a year ago ) I have amazingly not had a single nail or flat.

tacoduck

Reaction score
Replaced these about an hour ago. 22 mm socket was the ticket. Imo, replace them while you still can.
A59746A5-437B-4D12-845E-F53AAE97D52F.jpeg