Mach sound system sub isn't working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EddieBauer

Reaction score
Blown Sub

When I bought My 1998 Eddie Bauer Expy, it had the Mach System, and the sub was blown and made a cracking sound, we took out the sub and are planning to replace, but my dad looked at it and needs certain part to replace it, anyone have any idea of the part?

mpsjr

Reaction score
When I bought My 1998 Eddie Bauer Expy, it had the Mach System, and the sub was blown and made a cracking sound, we took out the sub and are planning to replace, but my dad looked at it and needs certain part to replace it, anyone have any idea of the part?

If you mean that a normal sub won't fit because of the factory box, then it's really a simple fix. The factory sub is mounted through the back of the subwoofer box with a bolt and the entire subwoofer assembly has to come out to remove it. Once you have it out, the hump where the mounting bolt goes through the box and into the speaker needs to either be removed or flattened so you can fit a standard 8" sub in there. Some folks here have cut the hump out of the way and used flat washers to reseal the box. I just heated the hump on mine with a hot air gun until the plastic was soft enough to flatten. I used a block of wood to push it out of the way and held it there until the plastic cooled enough to hold the new shape. Then, I taped over the bolt hole with duct tape from each side.

I replaced my factory sub with a Boston Acoustic from eBay (Boston Acoustics G108 4 Car Audio Stereo 8 inch SVC 4 Ohm Sub Woofer Subwoofer | eBay) for $65 with free shipping. It sounds great, but basically any 8" sub should work once you get the subwoofer box sorted out.