Marble sound in dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03dblcabtaco

Reaction score
I have a 2012 expedition king ranch. It has a sound in the drivers side of dash that sounds like a marble rolling around on turns. The dealer has not been able to duplicate the concern. But as soon as I pick it up. The noise is still there. Anyone have any ideas where it could be trapped or have you had this problem ? I have removed the cluster and defrost grille but have not been able to locate the exact spot where it is at. Any help would be appreciated as I am about ready to get rid of it as it is so annoying.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You won't be able to tell from the driver seat. Have a helper drive while your listening from the passenger seat. I would expect a bolt / nut has come out or possibly a bored assembly line worker did leave a marble in the dash....

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2012 expedition king ranch. It has a sound in the drivers side of dash that sounds like a marble rolling around on turns. The dealer has not been able to duplicate the concern. But as soon as I pick it up. The noise is still there. Anyone have any ideas where it could be trapped or have you had this problem ? I have removed the cluster and defrost grille but have not been able to locate the exact spot where it is at. Any help would be appreciated as I am about ready to get rid of it as it is so annoying.

03dblcabtaco,

I'll lend a hand. PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info.

Ashley

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I agree with Stamp, it is probably just a loose piece. Remove some of the trim pieces and see if you can't see it behind there. Drive around with the trim pieces off to help diagnose the area it is coming from.

OP
OP
03dblcabtaco

03dblcabtaco

Reaction score
I have removed the defrost grille and cluster surround and have not been able to locate the exact source yet. I have even looked in the ac ducts with a scope and have not seen anything. Truck will not run without cluster installed. It is driving me crazy. Any other suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

Harry12

Reaction score
I have a 2012 XLT EL and have the same noise. The sound seems to be lower possible around the steering column area?

OP
OP
03dblcabtaco

03dblcabtaco

Reaction score
Haven't had a chance to take back in to dealer. Anyone else have any luck with this ?? It happens so randomly

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2012 XLT EL and have the same noise. The sound seems to be lower possible around the steering column area?

Haven't had a chance to take back in to dealer. Anyone else have any luck with this ?? It happens so randomly

Hi Harry12 & 03dblcabtaco,

Once you make an appointment at your dealer, please send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer/appt. time; I'd like to loop in your regional customer service manager to assist.

Todd

Shinerbokdoc

Reaction score

ME TOO!!!!!

I HAVE 2011 EXPY EL KR, ~ 60K mileage and have the same exact rattle/change in dash sound on driverside when driving and on turns.