Maybe cam phasers? Timing chain?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Gruz7

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time to get to work!

You said it! Looks like Monday will be the inspection diagnosis day and in the meantime will prolly drive one of my fathers cars and get to working on it this week... Hopefully it ain't too bad I really want to keep the Expy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maloburro

Reaction score
Damn Gruz. It almost reminds me of an exhaust leak. I'm sorry to hear of your trouble. If you do the VCT which sounds like a common problem, and you have to pull again it will be easier. I hope you figure it out soon.

xfiles67

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are also some exhaust leaks, at the manifold on the passenger side, that can sound like crazy engine noise.

Might double check that too.

The same guy in the video I linked to above does a manifold job and describes the exhaust leak as compared to engine noises.

OP
OP
Gruz7

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are also some exhaust leaks, at the manifold on the passenger side, that can sound like crazy engine noise.

Might double check that too.

The same guy in the video I linked to above does a manifold job and describes the exhaust leak as compared to engine noises.

Yeah think wanna do some Gibson headers anyways so I can get these manifolds out

OP
OP
Gruz7

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I took the expy down to have my uncle take a look at it he wants to change the oil and use some additive and also check if there is some metal in the oil...

Today driving home taking a freeway exit I gave it light throttle and heard a bit of slapping or maybe slight knocking and I heard it again on my side street at low speeds and was about to get the truck to make the constant knocking "phaser-like" noise again but this time while driving... It went away when I turned the truck around (reverse then drive again) and didn't come back, truck is sitting at my house now and I won't drive until Wednesday when I change the filter and oil and check for metal