Medium Stone vs Ebony Interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QMastaD

Reaction score
Hello,
I am going to order a 2018 Expedition Limited in blue. I am struggling with the interior color. I prefer a lighter color inside, but the Ford website makes the dash look like diarrhea. Does anyone have any actual pictures of the medium stone they would be willing to share?
Thanks!

MonkeyBrains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haha. Yes, the Ford web site does that. In actuality, the Medium Stone leather on the Limited is the taupe-grey color they have used in the past of the same name. Also the same color on the XLT, but if you get the cloth seat option on the XLT then it’s more brown. On the Limited, the overall interior is the same whether you get medium stone or ebony. So all the carpet, the headliner, door panels, dash, etc.. are all black. Only the seats and leather trim on the arm rests and center console become stone grey. It’s actually nice looking and looks great with the new blue. Here’s a picture of the interior on a Limited with medium stone. https://goo.gl/images/ztnQFT

OP
OP
Q

QMastaD

Reaction score
Thanks for the links! I think I am going to do the medium stone, which means I have to order it. The dealer can't find one anywhere around. Hopefully I will be enjoying the new ride by July.

MonkeyBrains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We had a 2008 Edge in Dark Ink Blue with Medium Stone interior and really liked it. Only issue was some extra dirt and blue jeans dye transfer to the light colored leather. But that’s an ongoing problem with most any light interior. Happens on the ebony/ black as well, it’s just the black leather hides it. Hence one of the main reasons why all the car makers have gone to predominantly black leather these days.

Personally I like the ceramic leather in the Platinums even more than the medium stone on the Limited Expys, but it may not be to your liking or you may not be wanting to go all the way to a Platinum. It’s also a lighter color that is more of an off-white or cream. Looks amazing with the Magnetic grey or the Blue. Still trying to get used to the new Blue though — My F-350 is Blue Jeans and I think I like it better, but whatever... I ended up with my new Limited Max in ingot silver with ebony interior. Whole family really likes it.

Tickbouy

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a Limited in blue with medium stone. It looks great. I live in the southwest and the black interior is just too hot in the sun. Check the dealer lot for F150's with the medium stone to see what it looks like.