melted my fuse holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah i listening to korn and i hit a dip then no more bass. i was like wht the fudge. so i ran some tests on my amp and nothin. so i turned on my radio was getting 10 volts from my turn on and 0 from my power. so i went to my fuse and it was blown. not just blown completely fried! my fuse was black and blown. i tryed to take it out and it broke. so i had to disconnect it from my battery. it blew and melted the rubber holder. but it played for a while like that. weird. o well time to upgrade. i'm getting the kicker 09ZCK4 power cable kit. time to upgrade my rcas too. so ill be pounding even more! YAY!!!!! i know its 0 gauge but i dont have the money for that. $97 isn't bad for this kit. sonic electroix is the best. so once i get it in ill post pics on how i wired it. unless someone has a better way. i go to the rubber opening on the driver side. it works and with 20' of cable i know ill have enough with this cable. still might try and shorten the distance if i can. so in the end it was a good decision. just no loud low bass for a week. :( i will get 0 gauge once i upgrade my amp and subs and deck. but this is good for now.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Have you ever put an ammeter on it to see what it pulls when it's cranked up?
It could be that the fuse was just too big for the wire size and length.

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah i think i was pulling around 12. but its all good now. im getting my cable bundle and putting it in. 4 gauge is a little better then 10 gauge. haha