Memory Mirrors not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

misspelledone

Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem? It's a 2008 Expedition EL EB and it never seems to change the mirror position. I have tried setting the memories positions again just to make sure, but it just doesn't seem to adjust the mirrors when I press the button.

Thanks!
Misspelledone

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
things to check

The memory mirror is inoperative
Circuitry open/shorted
Fuse
Exterior mirror control switch
Exterior mirror motor
Exterior mirror

Check fuse #2, #12 in the smart junction box and #45 in the battery junction box. Use a meter or test lamp to check the fuses

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

misspelledone

Reaction score
Great I will check them today, thanks!

The mirrors themselves do seem to work ok, just not the memory part.

I'll update later today after I check the fuses.

Thanks!

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have programed the mirrors to the position you want them then take and move the position of just one of the mirrors and also do the same for the seat Make sure the IGN switch is off then press the remote/s and see if the mirrors/seat move

OP
OP
M

misspelledone

Reaction score
Ok if I do that, the seat will move back to the correct position but the mirrors don't move.

Thanks!

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok Check under the drivers seat for the Drivers Seat Module and make sure all the connectors are plugged in fully also check to see if any wires may be pulled out.

The drivers seat module has 5 connectors plugged into it

How long have you had this problem?

One thing you could possibly try would be to disconnect the battery for 20-30 minutes and then reconnect and try the memory function You may have to reprogram it again

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chase5817