Memory Seat Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McZiggy

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is an issue or just how it is with Ford.

Since I bought my Expy the memory seats seem to be working incorrectly. When I press set and then a number I get no confirmation what so ever anything was saved. The only thing kept in memory after I do this is the seat height, angle, and mirror positions.

Power front and back do absolutely nothing. If I manually try to adjust the seat back and forward it moves say 2 inches and then 1 inch back in the opposite direction and stops. I have to time it with a series of pulses in order for it to no change direction on me. Is this normal?

I've always owned GM before and this is my first Ford. I'm loving it save for this silly seat issue. Any help would be much appreciated.

Chris

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is my 3rd Expedition, but it's the first one I've had seat problems with. Mine is also a 2007 (Eddie Bauer EL) and I've had the seat rails replaced on both front seats more than once due to rocking during acceleration and braking. The seat heaters/ventilators have only worked for about a year total out of the six years I've had it. The power sliding back and forth usually feels like it's about to break. Kind of like there is sand in the mechanism or something. Sorry I can't offer a solution.

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is an issue or just how it is with Ford.

Since I bought my Expy the memory seats seem to be working incorrectly. When I press set and then a number I get no confirmation what so ever anything was saved. The only thing kept in memory after I do this is the seat height, angle, and mirror positions.

Power front and back do absolutely nothing. If I manually try to adjust the seat back and forward it moves say 2 inches and then 1 inch back in the opposite direction and stops. I have to time it with a series of pulses in order for it to no change direction on me. Is this normal?

I've always owned GM before and this is my first Ford. I'm loving it save for this silly seat issue. Any help would be much appreciated.

Chris

I have a 2011 and with mine all you do is get the seat and mirrors the way you want them. Push and hold the 1 or 2 button until you hear a ding and you set the memory. Not sure if your opperation may be different.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2007 and 2008 had no audible confirmation that the memory positions are set.

Sounds like you have a problem with the seat track. The seats should be adjustable from all the way forward to all the way back non stop.

Matt