Mic placement for a hands free

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Camera_ZOOM_20120401233325472.jpg

Here is mine. Easy routing and the passanger can talk as well.

i thought about putting mine here...but i think i'm going to drill a hole and fit it right above my hu...my wife tends to use my phone and talk to whoever...especially on road trips

bobholthaus

Reaction score
Okay, I'm being super lazy here, but my buddy asked me to help him upgrade the stereo in his 2006 and I see you guys have already done this to yours. Can you guys please point me to some threads? He's got factory nav so Crutchfield is saying that it won't accept a double din radio. Is that correct? We are thinking new head unit, four speakers and amp, and sub with amp in back. Is the factory sub easy to get to and upgrade? Oh, and to stay on thread, we will be putting a BT mic in. Sorry about the hijack. I can also be emailed at [email protected]. Thanks guys.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
youre right...the nav unit opening must be smaller...i'd call them...put it on speaker during wait time and continue with something else...lol...let us know how this works out

bobholthaus

Reaction score
Crutchfield said that maybe the mounting holes on the Nav radio might not line up. They did not have a definitive reason on why their info shows the OEM Nav models not accepting double dins. Moving this conversation to thread called "Double DIN". Sorry about hijack.

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
replied on other post...i dont have anything to measure with