mirror adjustment problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smithrep

Reaction score
neither of my mirrors work when I try adjusting. Well actually, they move some but it is like something is keeping them from doing what they are supposed to do. any suggestions?

Thanks.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Gently push the mirror in the direction that you want to adjust it. (You'll hear some popping sounds) Then see if it moves when you adjust it with the switch. If it doesn't work, move the mirror in the opposite direction by hand and then try again with the switch.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't bother too much with them. Once set, they don't move. When I do want to move them, I just move them with my hands. Neither this, nor the F250 have the best "power" mirrors.

89REATTAJIM

Reaction score
neither of my mirrors work when I try adjusting. Well actually, they move some but it is like something is keeping them from doing what they are supposed to do. any suggestions?

Thanks.

Mine were very erratic. Would move all 4 ways sometime, only 1 or 2 ways at other times. I finally removed & dissassembled the switch, scraped some small bits of corrosion off the contacts with a pick, sprayed with WD-40, reassembled & they have been fine ever since............ Jim