Mobil 1 ATF in 2004 expy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebuckaman

Reaction score
I just bought 10 quarts of Mobil 1 synthetic ATF for a buck a quart on close out. Can I use this in my trans drain and fill this week?

OP
OP
T

thebuckaman

Reaction score
Dropped the pan yesterday. It was original fluid and filter but fluid and pan was surprisingly clean. Changed the filter and added 4.5 qts of havoline mercon v and .5 qts of lubrigard red. Truck shifts like brand new.

945c200576d045b3f527e901c9115e24.jpg
f9dcb8750d453011ecdd1444af8665ed.jpg

Last edited:

ScottyDsntKnow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Jeez where did you get that closeout? Any left? Do they ship? Link?

I did mine about 25k ago with $3/qt Autozone Mercon V and I thought that was a good deal. I did the power flush too where you toss the trans cooler feed line in a bucket, leave it in drive and have a friend add fluid while you watch it until it runs clean. Truck shifted way better after that and still shifts like a brand new trans. Thinking of doing the J-mod for even more trans life and firmer/faster shifts on the next pan drop. A Magnifine filter on the return line from the cooler can also help extend service life although it is a bit overkill when I can do the fluid every 50k and its still cherry red.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

thebuckaman

Reaction score
I got the fluid at autozone. They clearanced out a ton of fluids for cheap