Modified Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Direct Air

Pictures are self explanatory...my cold air intake temps stay 20 degrees cooler while driving and about 8 degrees while idling in 90 degree weather. I replaced the rubber tubing on this lid and goes right up to fender area where I mounted the PVC. I need a small inline electric fan to move air while sitting...I mounted this behind the bumper in front of the grill I installed with making one bracket and an exsisitng bumper support bolt.

Attachments

• DSC03565.jpg
    DSC03565.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC03609.jpg
    DSC03609.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 176

tbird610

Reaction score
Looks good BakerEdition. It's that much cooler huh? I just installed the whole K and N kit thing. And it just sits under the hood. So i guess i'm sucking in hot air?

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
basically. for obvious reasons you are sucking in hotter air if you choose to get your air from under the hood instead of outside the vehicle. lots of programmers and scanners will let you actually see the intake air temp.

OP
OP
B

Bugzuki

Reaction score
Thanks for the posts.

I am still thinking about the air box idea and design. I don't like the look of the stock airbox. I would like to get a programmer/scanner to see how the engine is doing and what the intake temp is like. Washington does not see many days above 90 degrees and right now there was a noticable improvement in power and sound from the change I made.

I like the ideas of the Gotts mod and cold air intake BakerEdition. And that Volant intake looks nice as well.

I will keep thinking about it and see what I can come up with.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Hey Bug, I don't like the stock air cleaner either...but I had already bought the 65.00 K&N air filter for it and then found this site a few weeks later and learned about the gotts mod....so i didn't want to throw away the money....I much rather have straight piped it like you did to a filter and then into the fender....however i think the size of the factory air cleaner box has allot to do with air delivery to....having almost like a storage box of air....one of tech advisors should way in on this???