MOOG front end change...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
aircargoo

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the thepartsmonster :buttkick:.......these moog products are in SOLID white boxs. not the blue and yellow like we know. box have labels from MOOG w/part number. then i found couple more $39.00. i called them as well.....this guy was more honest and said its from a secondary line when in the white boxes from moog. dont know what that means:thumbsdown:...but difference is $20. i can get them for $60 each w/advance auto discount..... there @ ebay for under $41.00 for sure by diff. sellers...... i would think and bet in white boxes the bushings are cheap/different then the ones in blue/yellow box....was going to order one and compare at store but to send that heavy thing back if it doesnt compare sucs.......what do u think? go with the $60 ones "in hand" no BS?

B

bedrck46

if you get a good price and they are moog then with the discount Advanced auto would be a good deal

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use to recommend Moog all the time but since they moved south of the border I have seen some quality issues arise... I go with xrf now when ever possible

OP
OP
aircargoo

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wow...was easy. did inner /outer tierods,sleeves,uppercontrol w/balljoint. upper control arms go in eeeeasy. drivers side,theres a screw holding a bracket....take that off to put NEW arm in cause itll be tight,wont flex w/screw in. ALL bolts broke easy with breaker bar. recommended...is both for upper ball joint and inner tie rod separatars/forks.i got both so.took me for hours or more in driveway relaxing:birgits_tiredcoffee. getting lower ball joints put in with align tomorrow get this over with.....lol:naughty:

nice truck "kwt".....sharp.

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might as well since ur there

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

OP
OP
aircargoo

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no....sending it out today. ...plugs, lower balls, and plugs cause i cant reach pass side plug in back is $290.....so ill let them do lowers....screw that lower ball joint job....lol.:jester:

B

bedrck46

Lower ball joints are just as easy as the upper control arms You would just need to get loaner tools from advanced or auto zone much cheaper than paying someone to do it for you

OP
OP
aircargoo

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
naaa...i thought about it. i can borrow tools no prob. but letting it go..:birgits_tiredcoffee..lol SHAME i cant reach that one or 2 spark plugs on pass. side by firewall.:facepalm:....always changed my own stuff.....this truck,HARD to reach :893Chainsaw-Smilie- ****** me off cause i would change every summer.gonna look up later to see....leaving now to give truck....let you know....

Limited'08

Reaction score
i would recommend MOOG or NAPA chassis parts but since it seems you've done your suspension already, i hope this can help anyone else looking to do their suspension. i've seen cut-outs of both and can tell you that both look to be very well built.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nameisbry