More a/c problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slhanks4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi, I bought my 2008 XLT in May and have slowly been working through some issues with it. My biggest issue now is that my a/c isn't working correctly. The front vents blow warm air most of the time, if I drive long enough it starts to feel a little cooler, but the rear a/c seems to be working fine all the time. I am new to these vehicles and don't know how the front and rear air is connected. I have the manual front/rear controls, not the automatic system.

Any ideas why the rear is working properly and the front is blowing warm?

OP
OP
slhanks4

slhanks4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am recovering from foot surgery so I ended up taking the Expy to my dealer. They replaced the ac compressor and TXV valve, they also found the bottom half of the fan shroud was missing and I had a bad rf axle seal. Also I asked them to check out the TPMS since the light has been on since I bought the vehicle in May. Turns out the wheels had the wrong TPMS sensors, so I had them replaced. Total bill was around $2300, but I now have a trouble-free vehicle. I live in Phoenix, so ac is necessary in all but a couple of months of the year.

My son is a heavy duty truck technician and used to handle my ac work, but he moved to Seattle 11 months ago so I have to pay to get it done now.