More on coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thomas D

Reaction score
2015 Expedition that has had a chronic coolant leak.
Pressure tested and they found nothing. Ended up saying it was pump and they changed that. Still leaked. Slowly it will slow the leaking but that is because it is low. If I fill up to the low line on tank it starts leaking again. The puddle will be about as big as a saucer plate overnight. Have gone thru a bottle of coolant in 2 months.
Any ideas?
Almost to the point of taking to ford and having them diagnose.
Of course 85 bucks for that.
This has been going on for over a year.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2015 Expedition that has had a chronic coolant leak.
Pressure tested and they found nothing. Ended up saying it was pump and they changed that. Still leaked. Slowly it will slow the leaking but that is because it is low. If I fill up to the low line on tank it starts leaking again. The puddle will be about as big as a saucer plate overnight. Have gone thru a bottle of coolant in 2 months.
Any ideas?
Almost to the point of taking to ford and having them diagnose.
Of course 85 bucks for that.
This has been going on for over a year.

I have a 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4, purchased new.

On my Expedition the following cooling leaks were repaired by Ford under the new car warranty or the Ford Premium Extended Service Plan (all separate repairs):

Water pump.
Several heater hose cooling lines (fitting leaking).
Degas bottle - line leaking where there is a metal insert in the plastic nipple.
Left side turbo cooling line.

Coolant leaks seem to be a common occurrence with the Ford Ecoboost 3.5 engines.

The only coolant leak that was diagnosed correctly and the first repair visit was the left side turbo. The other three leaks were improperly diagnosed by the Ford dealer, who stated there was no leaks (despite the coolant level dropping in the coolant reservoir).