Motor purchase advice, opinions, ideas...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

chopsieze

Reaction score
Waaaaaaay back when, I took the engine out of my Scout Traveler at the junior college. Same deal, needed to move the truck. Or at the very least, keep the converter in the transmission and not let the front of the trans hang down. Bought a piece of flat bar/angle iron that was wide enough to lay across the frame rails. Drilled a couple holes and bolted it to the front of the bellhousing. Your holes may not line up very well, I don't know, so, might need a couple vertical pieces going up or down to reach the bellhousing holes.
Thanks, I tried to figure out how to do something like that but the exhaust and brake lines were in the way for something real simple. I ended up taking an old growth 2x6 and putting it under the front bumper frame rail, over the next frame rail, then under the bell housing. Feels sturdy enough, at least to roll it around on the property. Thanks for the idea, if I was going to trailer it or anything I would definitely try to do something like that.