Mud Tire Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Click here for a good article comparing mud tires and putting them to the test. The winner: Interco Super Swamper Boggers

Feel free to add your own opinions/reviews on mud tires

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
those are good tires if you have strictly a mud truck. you dont want those tires if you are going to drive your rig on the road. she will be all over the place. if you just want a mud tire to occasionally play with, BF Goodrich and Dick Cepek mud country are good tires. not the cheapest though.

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have run several different types of mud tires and by far are my current mickey thompson baja claws. they clean great in everything including red clay. and have very little vibration going down the road. got 2 thumbs up and i will be staying with theseon my expy till i have to get rid of her. that my imput.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well first off they didnt post some good pictures to compare to the tires. bfg dosent even make "radial mud terrains" any more. so did they test those the km1 or the km2. and plus the mtrs r old too. the new ones have kevlar. its a good test but not so good for today. i read in a similar magizine that the mickey thompson mtzs were 1st. then again they said it was a real world tire test. not one where your going to put boggers on your truck. so i see why boggers were the best.

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
those are good tires if you have strictly a mud truck. you dont want those tires if you are going to drive your rig on the road. she will be all over the place. if you just want a mud tire to occasionally play with, BF Goodrich and Dick Cepek mud country are good tires. not the cheapest though.

I'm looking for mud tires to put on some cheap rims and run at places like azusa and then I'll throw my A/T's back on once I'm finished playing. Since I have 2WD, would I benefit from having mud tires on the front also, or will A/T's be ok for the front?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well i say yes just in case you get a flat you can rotate your tires to the rear. haha but idk. thats a good question.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there really isnt any need for MT on the front for you. they dont do anything except steer anyway. you should be fine with AT on the front.