Mukti-cam setup options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I see that there are aftermarket multi-camera options available for the f150 trucks, escape & edge cars with sync 3. Am I wrong to think that those will also work with our expeditions that have sync 3 as long as we have the software up to date?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I see that there are aftermarket multi-camera options available for the f150 trucks, escape & edge cars with sync 3. Am I wrong to think that those will also work with our expeditions that have sync 3 as long as we have the software up to date?

What are you thinking? At minimum the APIM might need some programming and you will need the modules those communicate with. The 15-17 Expys are missing some modules that other 15-17 Fords had including 150’s. 15-17 are basically 14 F-150’s for the most part. They did not come with the 360 view cameras from what I can remember, so the likely hood of it working is slim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RogerD1959

2.5 Months Ltr, and Final Bill 22K+
Reaction score
Amazon! Amazon!, they have EVERYTHING! I did see some of those 360 systems there, don't know how they work, or what vehicles they work with, the price was not as high as 600.00+. I am sure you get what you pay for though, I am skeptical about this new view nonsense, are we pushing people to drive face planted in the touch screen? I used to drive tractor trailers about a lifetime ago. 360 degree camera to catch the crook messing with your truck, I'm ok with. if you got to have it to drive, park, etc., you need some serious time back in drivers education practicing your skills. Parking sensors, back up camera, that is as far as it should have gone, bird view, seems birdbrained, my unsolicited cranky old coot opinion. Like that Chevrolet loaner the other day, it don't seem right, isn't natural, it's just odd.....

OP
OP
Munkiebunz3

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm all about getting good tire placement without a spotter. My rear windows are pretty much blacked out with limo tint on top of the factory tint so visibility is 0 at night.
I also drive my car for tv so I would like to be able to drive with my face planted to the screen if my window is blocked for some reason.
I already have a front/rear dash cam but it certainly has limitations for catching bad guys with my dark tint. I've already submitted great surveillance videos of bad drivers & crashes to YouTube.
From what I have seen, the sync 3 in our 3rd gen is good for just 1 more camera. We'd have to get a secondary screen for more.

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been contemplating adding a front camera for years. After multiple cheap DIY attempts at trying to trick the Sync3 APIM, I finally folded and bought a Naviks harness adapter/module.

- The NAVIKS harness (NK-1304-FCAM) was the most expensive part of this mod ($300)
- Switch FL1Z-13D730-AA ... My Expy had a blank switch in place of the Hill Descent button, so I bought this switch and customized it with a new logo.
- Camera NATIKA WD-011 (Amazon); has 3 small loop wires to control the image orientation and/or add distance grid lines.
- The box the camera is mounted on is made out of 1/8" thick ABS plastic sheet.

Took a lot more pictures. Happy to share.

Video Demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYgrbHOA7RI

Attachments

• Camera Interface Unit (4).JPG
    Camera Interface Unit (4).JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Front Cam View.JPG
    Front Cam View.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Front Camera & USB Chargers Wiring.jpg
    Front Camera & USB Chargers Wiring.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2957.JPG
    IMG_2957.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2976.JPG
    IMG_2976.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been contemplating adding a front camera for years. After multiple cheap DIY attempts at trying to trick the Sync3 APIM, I finally folded and bought a Naviks harness adapter/module.

- The NAVIKS harness (NK-1304-FCAM) was the most expensive part of this mod ($300)
- Switch FL1Z-13D730-AA ... My Expy had a blank switch in place of the Hill Descent button, so I bought this switch and customized it with a new logo.
- Camera NATIKA WD-011 (Amazon); has 3 small loop wires to control the image orientation and/or add distance grid lines.
- The box the camera is mounted on is made out of 1/8" thick ABD plastic sheet.

Took a lot more pictures. Happy to share.

Video Demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYgrbHOA7RI

I think this deserves it's own thread!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire