My 99 Expo EB Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
402 Motoring

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes the burgundy parts in the photo were all sanded smooth, primed a few times, sanded again then painted and cleared. The rest of the dash panel was carefully prepped and lightly primed so not to smooth it out to much. I didn't want the look of a fully smoothed and painted dash.

nard1234

Reaction score
build time

Yes the burgundy parts in the photo were all sanded smooth, primed a few times, sanded again then painted and cleared. The rest of the dash panel was carefully prepped and lightly primed so not to smooth it out to much. I didn't want the look of a fully smoothed and painted dash.
so how long would it take to do this if it belonged to a customer?

RidnClean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i hate the way the 2nd row framing is done, i have to custom mount my rear seats too(captains) but didn't have to do as much work as you did.

nice work so far.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just the parts that are painted Burgundy or the entire interior?

interior parts being painted? cost? i'd like my dash, center console, overhead console, door shrouds, roof air vents, rear center console, visor covers....basically everything paintable in the inside...04 EB...whats an avg wait time and cost...looking at candy paint.

OP
OP
402 Motoring

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No real updates to speak of. We've been hit with some good snow fall lately so we're pretty busy with collision work. My stuff comes last. What I'm working on now, when I have a chance is my audio system. I'm kind of going all out with the truck. I'm going to integrate an I-Pad into the dash to use as the head unit, custom door panels, a flow through custom console, a motorize lcd tv in the rear and lots of other custom work. I just started the rear sub box and building of the custom rear panels. I still have lots to do before I can start glassing them. I'll try to remember to stop by and add more photos as I go along.

4_184132864947586_179673525393520_554362_7904041_n.jpg

napew2009

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im really looking forward to ur posts. I thought about doing an IPad as well . What will u need to do this? One thing comes to mind is the high voltage preouts that decks usually come with if they are to be quality signal. How do u solve this problem? When u said ipad, i;m thinking ipad and straight to your amps. can u explain what xtra hardware you will need when u do this? just curious

OP
OP
402 Motoring

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im really looking forward to ur posts. I thought about doing an IPad as well . What will u need to do this? One thing comes to mind is the high voltage preouts that decks usually come with if they are to be quality signal. How do u solve this problem? When u said ipad, i;m thinking ipad and straight to your amps. can u explain what xtra hardware you will need when u do this? just curious

I would love to answer your questions, but this would be our first install using the I-Pad. Actually we'll be installing one in my son's F150 also but either will be our first IPad install so although we have an idea of what we need, we haven't actually gotten there yet. We do have a list of people already going that want this done once we get through our installs. I wouldn't say its the easiest thing to do but for us, we want to stand out in our market so whatever it takes we're going to get it done.

Bow Down

Reaction score
You should check out the Feb issue of Street Trucks, a shop in LA did a IPAD install inside the cab of a truck. Pretty trick install, you can remove it also. They show you how they did it also.