My Attempt On Custom Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ogre20012001

Reaction score
I have been thinking about doing this same thing.
Looks great.
What size projector did you use on the fog lights?

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been thinking about doing this to my Navi for a while. I have a pair of halogen projectors for the highs as I don't want to lose flash to pass.

A couple questions:

1. Did the fogs come apart easy? I was going to try those first as they are cheap to replace if I mess them up.

2. Did the projectors fit completely inside the housing? Or are they sticking out they back?

3. What projectors did you use? The Morimoto Mini H1s and Matchbox in the fogs?

OP
OP
DFendersExpy

DFendersExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been thinking about doing this same thing.
Looks great.
What size projector did you use on the fog lights?

On the fog lights I had to use the 50mm size projector. They fit prefect inside. Without it sticking out the back of the housing.

OP
OP
DFendersExpy

DFendersExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been thinking about doing this to my Navi for a while. I have a pair of halogen projectors for the highs as I don't want to lose flash to pass.

A couple questions:

1. Did the fogs come apart easy? I was going to try those first as they are cheap to replace if I mess them up.

Yes the fogs did come apart fairly easy. Just don't use to much heat. It you do you will cause the lens to have spider web cracks . And they are fairly cheap you can get a pair on eBay for under $80

2. Did the projectors fit completely inside the housing? Or are they sticking out they back?

Yes the projectors did fit into the housing I used 50mm Bi-Xenon projector. So I was able to have a low and hi beam in my fog lights

3. What projectors did you use? The Morimoto Mini H1s and Matchbox in the fogs?

I was going to use the Matchbox , but didn't like how it was fitting inside. So o used a 50mm one instead. I have to double check who made them.

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is awesome well done. I am wanting to do something similar with my truck so if you wanted to do a brief write up ;) that would be awesome haha. Keep up the good work DFender.

retrogarage6

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
DUDE.. looks awesome. I've been wanting to do this with a few different cars going back a while. I think I'm going to accumulate the parts and get her done, thanks for the motivation. And btw, the thread shouldnt be called "my attempt" because you clearly succeeded.