my Expy carputer setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert Paulson

Reaction score
here it is. i was bored so i took my old PC, installed windows XP, a wireless-G card, a garmin gps-18 USB, around 2000 MP3's, and a few wardriving software tools. i then installed a lilliput 7" widescreen touchscreen monitor, and ran the keyboard and monitor wires under the carpet. the tower is a little slow, but it plays DVD's seamlessly, as well as MP3's (i ran the soundcard's output through a tape adapter----it actually sounds good!! LOL). the navigation of the GPS-18 is great. it even voice prompts your upcoming turns. the mouse has been replaced with a wireless one, and if i can find a wireless keyboard that will fit in my console lid, i will also replace that. the wireless works great with the upgraded antenna. i have internet access just about anywhere.

EDIT---i also hard wired the monitor so i don't have the plug running to my cigarette lighter any more :D

Attachments

• expypc.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 1,189

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That looks really nice, you should find a way to hide the computer in the back though, or else you're just waiting for somebody to break into your car.
I've already spent $1,000 on replacing glass, anything I put in now will all be stealth.

OP
OP
R

Robert Paulson

Reaction score
Originally posted by smo0othride
That looks really nice, you should find a way to hide the computer in the back though, or else you're just waiting for somebody to break into your car.
I've already spent $1,000 on replacing glass, anything I put in now will all be stealth.

i'm thinking about putting the 3rd row seat back in to hide it a little better. i guess i'll just listen for my alarm, and keep my Benelli super sport 12-gauge loaded for now LOL:cheers:

in time i do plan on building a computer that was meant for this truck, in a MUCH smaller case. this PC was just spare parts i had laying around.

japato

Reaction score
Do you have a link for a technical how to?

I have a spare laptop at the house and I would love to get things set up.