My first Ford Expedition.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramon Triton

Reaction score
Found a good deal on a well preserved 1999 XLT with the 4.6L V8.

Had about 80,000 miles on it when it was delivered.

Everything, save for the tires, is factory stock and most of the doodads work. Found a few minor issues like electric side mirrors refusing to tilt down and right, sometimes the odometer blanks out, and the parking brake indicator sometimes doesn't light up.

Shifts smooth. Awd, 4H, and 4L works well. The cruise control works. Appears to be mechanically sound. Fuel consumption well within declared values.

Previous owner took good care of it and used only factory spec fluids and parts.

It's very comfortable and the heft gives a sense of safety and security.

Looking forward to learning as much as I can about it and keeping it in tip top shape.20201124_123416.jpg

backnine29

Reaction score
Congrats! You will enjoy. I have white 2000 EB 5.4L V8 with 133K on it with only minor body dings, one past electrical issue with a window motor and one current odometer display that randomly goes off and on, but not worrying about right now (probably a worn solder connection). Overall, VERY pleased with it over the last 20 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mnachreiner86

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome. I miss my 2000. Was the best truck I owned. You'll get many happy and safe miles from that.

I love seeing this. It looks fantastic, congratulations! And I agree, I miss my 2000 as well. The 2008 is nicer in every way, but there’s just something about the first gens. I still believe it was a much better built truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnachreiner86

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome. I miss my 2000. Was the best truck I owned. You'll get many happy and safe miles from that.

I love seeing this. It looks fantastic, congratulations! And I agree, I miss my 2000 as well. The 2008 is nicer in every way, but there’s just something about the first gens. I still believe it was a much better built truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Ramon Triton

Reaction score
taking note of the advise regarding fluids, on a quest to complete my motorcraft shopping list.

a pleasure meeting y'all.