My review of GTR Ultra 2 LED bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Purchased the high and low beam bulbs for my 2015 with projector headlamps. I’m 100% satisfied with these LED bulbs. I’m not an LED headlamp bulb fan because many LED bulbs produce light scatter, are cheaply designed, and don’t throw the light far out enough to be much more useful than a good halogen. But the tech is changing and a couple of companies are beginning to change the game. I’m still in the camp that believes HID are the brightest light choice one can have behind a quality projector, but I like the zero warmup, high beam flashable, and long lasting without losing lumens option that LED’s give us. I know iPhone photos don’t say much, but here’s mine with high beams and low beams on simultaneously along with my LED fogs. My only issue is that the low beams don’t fit in the housing super well. Some trimming of the housing might be needed as well as aftermarket housing seals to close the bulbs in the housings.

95f211d49156c1cf41136c3023ad559f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jeremygsu

Reaction score
Looks good. I would check that they aren't too bright for oncoming traffic.

I added some LED lightbulbs (different ones) and had to adjust them way down from stock so they weren't blinding to oncoming traffic.

I just kept adjusting them off my garage door and then parked it in the street and then would drive my wife's Highlander at it repeatedly until I didn't feel it was blinding anymore. Took awhile.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the halogens were aimed correctly, then the LEDs will be. Remember these are inside projector housings. I would never ever recommend putting LEDS or HIDS into reflector housings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jeremygsu

Reaction score
I have an XLT, I do not have the Projector lights.

I used the same bulbs as this guy. I had concerns about light scatter coming from a true LED light on my Tundra. However, I aimed them down enough where no one has flashed their brights at me and it still puts good light on the road. I also tested the aiming to ensure I wasn't blinding people by driving at my own vehicle repeatedly until I felt they were adjusted well.

https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/led-headlight-bulbs.39004/