My water leak breakthrough.. 02 expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

geeserteg

Reaction score
Well all this time I thought that it had a windshield leak on the driver side. Many others have had the same issue with water going down behind the dash and onto the GEM box. This has caused me so much fustration and hair loss tring to find the prob. Anyways, Monday afternoon my sunroof decides to break so I decided to pull it and fix it myself. Upon removal of the sunroof I started to pull the drain lines off one by one. Boohya.. I couldnt believe it. Ford ran the front drain lines on both sides over a power line going to the vanity mirror and the overhead console. That drain line becomes pinched once the headliner is put back up. Heres the catcher.... the power line is bigger on the diver side which really pinches it. Mine was smashed completely shut on the driver side and the way its designed I could see this being a a prob for anyone with a sunroof. There is really no way around it. To remedy the problem I found a harder plastic line to act as a sleeve for the exsisting line. I really hope this is the prob on mine!

How many of you that have leaks on the driver side have sunroofs?

Last edited:

radar

Reaction score
dido here! hurricane Sandy hit the Ohio valley for 4 days between the damn sun roof & the windshield I had a fish tank.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My mom's '00 has a funky GEM and I am glad you posted this. I will definitely be checking the sunroof as well this summer when the snow finally melts before replacing the windshield seal. Thanks for sharing.

superexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I usually have to clear out my lines once or twice a year. I made a "tool" for the end of my compressor and I shove it in the hole and squirt it really good then I take a cup of water and dump it in the sunroof catch pan and see if it drains. I haven't had to do it this year tho but now the pollen is flying im sure it will be clogged soon.