Mystery Leak!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snozberries

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

So I got back from my first long trip in my new expedition last night and when I put it in park the idle begin to rev up and down, I just turned the car off and spent today looking through the forum. It sounded like there might be some air getting in by the throttle body somewhere. So I took it off and cleaned it, and found the rubber shroud that connects the air intake to the throttle body was all messed up. I sort of rigged it and put it back together with the newly cleaned throttle body.... problem solved! It idles fine now. Just drove it and when I got home I noticed a water leak. Ugh.

I got under the car and it looks like it's coming out of the end of a rubber hose up above the catlytic converter on the right side of the car. I attached a picture but I'm not sure if you'll be able to see... its coming from way up there. The end of the hose is right in the center of the photo just above the red wire. the black background makes it pretty tough to see.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 95
OP
OP
S

snozberries

Reaction score
That's kind of what I'm hoping, It's just been leaking for a few hours, really slowly but still leaking. Is that normal for AC condensation?

OP
OP
S

snozberries

Reaction score
It has to be AC, its coming from the side the compressor is on so it must be. I'm just being paranoid!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its not a hose to the fuel tank? you gas door has 2 tube that runs down along that way...it may be that??? not sure...can u trace the tube any further?