Navigator Taillights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

anyone hear of anyone making this change to the Expi? I saw it on someones site earlier, I am not a fan of the altezza lights seeing how they look like they are made for honda civics and such...any ideaS? Thanks!!:cheers:

OP
OP
G

I have also heard mention of it....but really couldn't find anything once I started digging. I didn't see pictures either.

I got passed on the highway outside San Antonio by an Expedition with the New style altezza lights...and agree.. I didnt like them. It looked like something was missing from the rear end with those on.

OP
OP
G

That website has nothing but rice parts.

Does anyone know where to get aTahoe style backlights on an expedition? It looks like the stock one but is divide into three colors white / red/ yellow for turn signals.

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You will not find one.....

The Exby has what is known as a "four wire" system: left, right, brake, and reverse wires. What happens is that the brake lights act as the turn signals as well.

The Chevy's have a "five wire" system. They add another wire for the brakes themselves (red lights) and use the yellows for the turn signals.

Thus, no one is going to make the white/red/yellow rear taillight assemblies for the Exby because it just is not used!!!

TodzY2KExpy

Reaction score
Look here...

But if you look again thru the site above, they Do infact have a red/yellow/clear light for an Expy, its just that the YELLOW does not light up, just the red and white area because of what was mentioned above.

Here is the link:
http://www.inprocarwear.com/taillights/ford/Ford Tail/CWT-CE501ECA.jpg

FWIW-IMHO their brand of lights are too much $, I hear that brand has moisture issues too.

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting....but you can see it is just a yellow lens around the clear reverse light.
I have to admit I have not seen this style of taillight lens before......hummmmm.

idgcorp

Reaction score
The Nav tailights for the same model years are a direct fit replacement. You need the ones on the quarter panel, when they ask, about $40 each.

OP
OP
G

but how does the reverse light up when you put it in gear?? The nav reverse section is the piece on the hatch!?!?!?!

TodzY2KExpy

Reaction score
He did not mention that their is NO reverse light on a Navagator lens, the back up lights are lower on the hatch or bumper, to use these you will have to add seperate reverse lights like mini fogs on the rear bumper or do without.