need all of your oponions on a new intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Big Red Monster

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The gotts mod? Basically pull out your air intake box, u know the cone that gose into the fender, well u replace that piece with a less restrictive 3 inch diameter pipe and then put the air intake back togther. U get throttle response and exhaust gets throatier. I also installed a true flow intake, which works with the stock air box, my mpg went from 9.5 in the city up to 13 mpg now. U will see great results

OP
OP
Big Red Monster

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the baker mod, well thats bakereditions add on to the gotts mod. what you do is run a duct from the gotts mod down to the bumper and u basically make your intake into a ram air intake set up. thats proubaly the best way to maximize your air flow

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if im not mistaken , the spectre is 4" piping which is too much airflow for a 5.4 gas motor. When i build my diesel intakes, they are 4" and turbo diesels require a bit more air. We have a 3.5" system on the expedition and it is more than adequate, still overkill if you ask me.

OP
OP
Big Red Monster

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yea the spectre kit was too much, with the trueflow my throttle response is amazing now, just like the guy in the ss impala learned last night when he tried to pass me lol. gas mileage went up a bit to and at 4.41 a gallon for premium i dont mind that lol

02expi

Reaction score
My owners manual says not to run premium and nothing below 86 octane. just my 2 cents worth.

Kevo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My owners manual says not to run premium and nothing below 86 octane. just my 2 cents worth.
There is nothing higher octane can do to you expy except give better economy and run better I always recommend premium gas in ANY vehicle even the lawn mower!

OP
OP
Big Red Monster

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is nothing higher octane can do to you expy except give better economy and run better I always recommend premium gas in ANY vehicle even the lawn mower!

X100!

I know what the owners manual says to run, but i also know that when running 87 octane it gets poor fuel economy and has less power, running 93 octane it makes the most power possible and now with my new intake setup I drive like maybe 75 miles per week, before i was makeing it down to half a tank, now in one week i barely pass the first quarter of the tank! Im very happy with the fuel econoy and performance it has now...... Wait until I get my edge evo and run it on the tune that calls for 93 octane hehehehehehe :flamingdevil:

Kevo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
X100!

I know what the owners manual says to run, but i also know that when running 87 octane it gets poor fuel economy and has less power, running 93 octane it makes the most power possible and now with my new intake setup I drive like maybe 75 miles per week, before i was makeing it down to half a tank, now in one week i barely pass the first quarter of the tank! Im very happy with the fuel econoy and performance it has now...... Wait until I get my edge evo and run it on the tune that calls for 93 octane hehehehehehe :flamingdevil:

i know! i cant wait to get my build started and see what kind of crazy mileage i can get out of this 7500LB sled!!!