Need Help reverse sens system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ersin

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I bought 2.hand 2009 expedition EB edition..Since I have the car I have original reverse camera (from mirror) and front and back reverse sensors.
My problem is camera works perfectly but reverse sens system not at all
I checked menu as mentioned in owners manual..I dont have the message..
I dont have any sound ı dont have any message..its like ı dont have reverse sens system at all. but outside of the car ı do have sensors and driver side back in cargo I do have the electronic brain for sens system..What can be the problem ?

Thanks

flumpydog

Reaction score
Just a real wild stab in the dark here. Did you go through the setup menu to see if it had been disabled by the previous owner? If I recall in our 2010, we could turn it on or off, just cannot remember the exact procedure to access that menu. It should be in your owner's manual.

Best Wishes,
Chuck

OP
OP
ersin

ersin

Reaction score
Just a real wild stab in the dark here. Did you go through the setup menu to see if it had been disabled by the previous owner? If I recall in our 2010, we could turn it on or off, just cannot remember the exact procedure to access that menu. It should be in your owner's manual.

Best Wishes,
Chuck

Yes ı checked all the menu and nothnk is there about reverse system..ı checked both in P and R position also..ı really dont understand how come its not even on the menu

cellman

Reaction score
It might be an aftermarket backup system, look around for the module or follow the lines from the bumper in. Most aftermarket systems have a switch to turn it on/off etc.. might just be hidden from view.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would agree with cellman. The factory wiring diagrams for the 2009 expedition does not show front and rear sensors.

The service manual states the following,

Parking Aid — Expedition
The parking aid system consists of the following:

Parking Aid Module (PAM) and radar sensor (the radar sensor is part of the PAM , located in the rear bumper)
Parking aid speaker (located in the LH C-pillar trim panel)
Parking aid disable feature (integral to the Instrument Cluster (IC) message center)
The parking aid radar sensor is integral to the PAM and no additional sensors are used. The PAM is located in the center of the rear bumper between the bumper isolator and the bumper cover.

Video (If Equipped)

The rear video camera system consists of the following:

Rear video camera
Auto-dimming interior mirror (without navigation)
Audio Control Module (ACM) (with navigation)
The rear video camera is located in the center of the liftgate mounted to the liftgate license lamp housing. The video camera is activated when the vehicle is in REVERSE (R). The image from the rear video camera is displayed in the LH side of the auto-dimming interior mirror (without navigation) or the ACM (with navigation). The displayed video image is horizontally inverted and is viewed from the video camera perspective to mimic a conventional mirror image.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Read your owners manual around page 300 --304 where it states IF EQUIPED about the parking aid system

If you don't have a owners manual you can download a copy from
owner.ford.com

OP
OP
ersin

ersin

Reaction score
ok guys thanks alot.. I will check if its aftermarket or no..