need help wiring radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fastcat

Reaction score
I have a 2000 with premium sound and there wasn't a radio in the car when I got it. I'm assuming there are 2 connectors that go to the stock radio... 1 of the connectors has been cut off with wires spliced into it. The wires are red, blk, yellow, white, white wit blk stripe, etc. I know the colors match up wit a aftermarket cd players harness but is there an extra wire to power the subwoofer? And where is the subwoofer suppose to be becuase I haven't seen it anywhere

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your premium stereo is the same as my 97 then you don't have a sub. There is a factory amp that one of those harnesses goes to. I used a plug in adaptor to wire my Kenwood up. Your best bet would be to find a wiring schematic in a Haynes or Mitchell manual (I have been looking for one also).

BigDaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
JD is probably right. My "Premium" stereo in my '01 doesn't have a sub, either. In fact, other than the words Premium on the door speakers, I think the only thing that qualifies it for that title is the fact that I have audio controls on the rear of the center console.

I will admit to being freaked out this weekend. After I wired up my new Pioneer 3200BT, to the Scoshe adaptor, I popped the factory stereo out and found two plugs going into the back of it. Took me a few minutes to realiz that the second plug was more than likely for the rear controls. I plugged in the one that I had and it works beautifully.