Need help with spark plugs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was looking at the thread about the modules affected with the spark plugs that break off in the cylinder head and i went to autozone website to look for the plugs and i found these for my 08 with the note

"FinewireStandard service plug. With brown coil boots."

my expy has brown boot but now i dont know which plugs my car has,
any ideas
Thanks.
(the picture is of the plug that the note is with)

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 142

Experez

Reaction score
Brown boots mean that they do not break, new design, black boot was old design(break) they were use from 04 to early built 08s, so ur are in luck!

OP
OP
C

Charly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up i had seen on another post that you were good after November 07 mine was built in October but now i know thanks again :)

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

2000GM

Reaction score
Did they actually change the plug design?? On the F150 forums the general consensus I always got was that somewhere in the 2007-2008 range they simply began applying anti-seize of some sort to the plugs during assembly, which helped but didn't eliminate the plug breaking issue. I just had the plugs done on my '07 F150. I figured after the truck not costing me a dime for 100K miles, I didn't feel so bad about spending $350 at the dealer and driving off in their loaner 2011 Fusion for the day. 2 of mine broke, so I'm glad I hadn't tried it myself anyways.