Need to find roof rack brackets Thule or Yakima

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamsdaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have a used Thule Sweden and my neighbor has a Yakima that he'll let me borrow. The Thule doesn't have any brackets and my neighbor owns a Honda Pilot which has narrow cross members so his U bolts are too narrow.

So far I've not managed to find a fit kit for the Expedition that isn't close to $100.

Anyone found an inexpensive mounting kit for either roof cargo carrier?

Will H

Reaction score
We have a used Thule Sweden and my neighbor has a Yakima that he'll let me borrow. The Thule doesn't have any brackets and my neighbor owns a Honda Pilot which has narrow cross members so his U bolts are too narrow.

So far I've not managed to find a fit kit for the Expedition that isn't close to $100.

Anyone found an inexpensive mounting kit for either roof cargo carrier?

I have a steel roof basket on my truck. It is sitting nicely on the stock luggage cross bars, which are shaped like the wing of an airplane. The basket I have is made of round tube.

What I used to attach the basket to the crossbars, are CB Antenna brackets I found at a truck stop. I've seen them in EVERY truck stop since I bought them.

They are designed to "clamp" to round tube and for quick connect/disconnect of the bracket itself. The piece that the CB Antenna screws into is removeable and leaves a nice sized hole for about the perfect size bolt to "bolt" that clamp to the crossbar and then tighten down the quick connect clamp onto what ever roof rack you throw up there. I put 4 total up there.

OP
OP
A

adamsdaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. I ended up using a hitch cargo basket attached to the trailer bumper. I loaded a 160 lb generator and a few other things. Made it 7 miles before it ripped the bumper most of the way off the frame to the trailer and dragged on the freeway. Emergency stop at a welding shop, ditched the cargo carrier back at the house and then resumed the trip to the Sequoias.

While on the trip I saw an SUV with a Thule Sweden which used scissor clamps on what appeared to be equally wide bars. I may just call Thule this week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger