Nerf bar question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MB_07Expy

Reaction score
I have been looking at westin signature series nerf bars for my expedition. I found a part number that claims it works on 97-14 expeditions but only 97-03 if it is an Eddie Bauer. Is there any reason why if I remove my factory running boards that something like that wouldn't work on my 07? Thanks.

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
be careful on the nerf bars and picking them. sometimes they are too long and pass the wheel wells which look ridiculous. make sure you measure the beginning of the wheel well to wheel well. sometimes they tell you the length of step.

go on auto anything or even carID the vendor on this website they have allot of great stuff!

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why are you pulling off the OE boards? I had some westins on a 03 F-150 and they didn't last long off road, infact I ripped them off on my first trip. If you are swapping them out to actually use the truck off road I would highly advise building a set of sliders, you will be money ahead. These are some killer sliders from rock slide engineering but anything along this line would be leaps and bounds above the westins.

RAM-STEP-SLIDER-8-e1400526309682.jpg

OP
OP
MB_07Expy

MB_07Expy

Reaction score
I would be pulling the factory boards mainly because I just don't like the look of them but still need the function. I don't anticipate much off roading at all so I'm not worried about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT