New From Idaho

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nightmares

Reaction score
Hey guys, just picked up a new to me Expedition.

Little background on myself. For the past 3 years I was building my 98 Yukon into the vehicle of my dreams. I inherited the Yukon from my grandfather when it had 47k original miles, currently it had just over 57k on it. I had dumped thousands into creating the ultimate off road rig that had the following: ARB rear air locker, 6" lift, 35" goodyears, 3/4 ton front CVD's, crate 350 bored .30 over (less than 6k on it now) Vortech supercharger, 4L65E Mega-Monster transmission. I hand fabricated my front bumper to support my 12k warn winch, then built my rear bumper to contain a swing out rear tire, gas can holders, and rear sliders. I fabricated my roof rack to include another location for a second spare, a small enclosed tool box, and driver and passenger ladders mounted to the rear bumper. This vehicle was my project and toy, and I hope to slightly build my expedition into something similar.

As a daily driver I used to own a 2002 gmc 1500hd, but times got rough and at the time I couldn't get enough out of the Yukon to save my truck, so I ended I letting it go to the bank, and later purchased a 1991 gmc Sierra that I still own and DD today. Recently my wife's 2001 Taurus threw a rod, leaving us with only my truck and Yukon. My wife couldn't stand the Yukon, and the interior being bed lined was not so family friendly, so after much heartache I let it go for $8400. We turned around and picked up my 2004 Expedition XLT for $7995, full leather, 130k on the clock. For now my wife is driving it until tax season, that's when we plan to let my GMC go and use money out of our taxes to either finance a new escape, or pick up a newer used one as we did my expedition.

Here's some past pics of my Yukon at my buddy's shop when we were installing the transmission, unfortunately only pics I have of it on my phone at the moment.

2u3aryru.jpg

y6unumav.jpg

y6yveqy7.jpg

ja7yne8u.jpg

Here's our Expedition

6yrumu3a.jpg

ene4are3.jpg
uny8e8up.jpg

4e8yhy2a.jpg

As far as personal life, I'm 23 years old, married for 3 years, father of 2 girls with my wife, and I paint for a factory that builds and restores locomotives. My wife also works as a CNA in the labor recovery in a hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited: