New guy from big bear CA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josephgg

Reaction score
Hey everyone I just bought an 03 Expo EB 4x4 last week! 225k miles! fox/svt suspension sitting on 35's! hope to gain lots of knowledge on here cuz i love to tinker...and it usually gets me in trouble

since i got it I've replaced all fluids..except the tranny...dont want to shake up that system of a car with this many miles

also added LeD headlights and a 6in light bar

heres a photo of the day i brought her home

IMG_2426_zpsct5fmvck.jpg

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You should have the 4 r70w automatic transmission, and as long as your fluid is not burnt or brown, now definitely is the time to change your fluid. I don't think yours has the drain plug like earlier ones did. But if your going to change yourself, go to hardware store and buy a plastic cement pan, their big so you don't make a mess. It's just me, but I usually buy a separate rubber pan gasket and toss the cork one that comes in filter kit. Again I think your trans doesn't have a torque converter drain bolt, so all you can do is drain pan, and replace filter. Check your dealer, but I'm pretty sure your fluid is mercon v semi synthetic. You may want to have a removable drain plug installed for future drains. One of my first motorcycles was a Yamaha 250 Big Bear! Got a lot of fun out of that bike. I live in Bay Area, you must be getting some good snow from this big storm that's blowing through us heading towards you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk