New Here! New Expedition Too!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcmeyer5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I registered a long time ago, but just recently posted. Picture of new truck attached. It is a 2008 EB Expedition. It doesn't have much in way of options.. no nav or rear seat DVD system. Don't need those these days with iphones and ipads so prolific.

As I look at the window sticker, it looks like I SHOULD have a reverse sensing system... is that the backup beeper? I don't show any of the sensors on the rear bumper, and I have not heard the beeping when I back up. I have attached the options panel from the window sticker. Am I reading it wrong? Found it odd that there was a period before the option name.

Attachments

• 2008Expedition (Small).JPG
    2008Expedition (Small).JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 30
  • options.png
    options.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 39

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice truck! And welcome!

Yes I agree, it is odd that there is a period there. I believe that that means that option was not included, also because it appears there is no price tag next to the option whereas all other options have the price listed next them if they are included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Expedition reverse sensing system does not have the visible nubs across the rear bumper like many vehicles have. When you put the truck into reverse, in the box between the gauges you should see "Parking Aid Off" or similar. Toggle thru your info/setup/reset to turn it on if you'd like.

Expedition uses a single radar for Parking Aid instead of multiple. The unit is visible if you look up under the rear bumper, it is situated on top of the tow bar. Many vehicles uses this single unit in front radar for crash avoidance, side blind spot detection. For the rear, MOST manufactures, like our Infiniti, use multiple sensors so on the display you can see if the obstacle is to the left, the right, left center, right center, etc. Single unit cannot do this, so all you get is the beeps. Better than nothing I suppose. Mines been turned off for years.

If you open the rear hatch, on the drivers side plastic you'll see a small access panel (door) with vents in it. Pop it open & inside is the speaker and module for the Park Aid.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jcmeyer5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Funny thing at lunch. I was backing out of the parking spot and there was a message on the radio about something Active. As I backed up, the radio volume dropped and the beeping started. My wife has a 2007 Edge, and it isn't anything like hers. So it appears it is there in some form.

So to be sure, Ford Etis says I have Reverse Proximity Sensor.

Wait... I don't have any rear shock absorbers?! :think: