new install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so I started my build for my 2-18s...PSI Car Audio high performance 18s...3500 rms each sub...the cutouts were made .25" short so I spent the last 3 days sanding the mdf to get the extra .25" that the box needed for the subs to sit properly...LET ME TELL U...I thought this was going to be an easy task...the prob is that the box was already built...glued and screwed...so I started out sanding by hand...bout threw out my shoulder...day 2 bought a handheld 4" sander....yesterday was day 3 and I graduated to drum kit using 60 grit paper but got started to late...I cycled through my 3 lithium 19.2v rechargeable batteries at least 4 times...but I finished and got the subs to sit flushed like I intended them to...next is to wire them up tomorrow to my soundstream 3k...that will be the temp setup until I figure out how to setup my 2 skar audio 4500.1 amps and 2 nortshtar batteries...then it'll time to move on to the doors adding another 6.5 component set and 8" in each door

IMG_20160222_133310_zpsjhmz9ffy.jpg

what I didn't want:
20160308_145103_zpsmlcwcmop.jpg

what I wanted:
IMG_20160309_165728_zpsks339vbu.jpg

Mr.aceking

Reaction score
Inspiration. I got four twelves but I'm still building it. Need new amps and box etc

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is that a T-Line design? Some serious port area right there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice work. I've been doing projects too. I'll post up on it later.

cant wait to see them

Inspiration. I got four twelves but I'm still building it. Need new amps and box etc

4-12s...NICE!!! what brand of subs so u have and what amps are u going to go with?

Is that a T-Line design? Some serious port area right there

no its not a T-line...just regular subs up/port back...10 cft internal space after sub displacement...

I got subs in and playing...it hits hard especially on the lows...I still have my amps to put in...2 skar audio 4500.1 amps...amp on each sub...right now both are on my soundstream 3000.1...I can partially do a paper trick which is putting a piece of paper in the window and the air will hold it up that's being moved from the subs...I will definitely be able to do it when I put the 2 amps in...hair tricks will be in order then...lol

20160312_144144_zpslt0k93ju.jpg

20160312_144154_zpswsbbt9sf.jpg

IMG_20160312_145202_zpsednfblnc.jpg

Mr.aceking

Reaction score
Right now I've got 2 mtx terminators a kicker and bazooka. Mix isn't good so eventually 4 terminators then once I want more, probably something that dvc. Amp I use rn is a Rockford fosgate punch 600. Way underpowered but I found a good 2000w amp for $200 (Steve meade dump tested it ). Can't remember the name. I've got 0 gauge ran but not hooked up and I 250amp fuse

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh lol what're the subs you're running?

still unsure if ur asking me or not...if so...im running PSI subs....PSI Car Audio...www.psicarsudio.com...they make subs to order in Mississippi...they are very well known for repairing subs and providing recones when ppl blow their subs...they have 3 levels which they refer to as platforms...I have platform 3 which was the highest at 3000 rms...then I added their performance upgrade which will do 4k rms...they now have started a platform 4...I wish I had them...lol...maybe later if I upgrade subs...I have the subs powder coated green and the cone is painted green as well...very happy with them...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger