New Member 2007 Expo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gamecock

Full Access Members
Reaction score
New member and new to me 2007 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer. Just purchased it off my parents with 115K on the odo. Runs great, been maintained great, new plugs, etc.

The only things I've run into (its funny how you find things after you wash the vehicle for the first time!) is the middle seat in the second row (bench) won't click in and lock going back up into place, and the occasional Air Suspension message (but everything looks fine and I'm told by my father its been checked). I also only have one key. So I guess I'll have to go to Ford for another based on what I've read on keys and programming (I think you need at least two to get another spare).

Other than that, its a beast, but great for the kids, baseball, and hauling. My other vehicle (I still have) is my '03 Sport Trac with 215K on the odo. Its never given me ANY major issue. Its like a Timex!

I work for Yamaha USA so I'm on many forums and enjoy reading and learning on my vehicles. The only mod plans are maybe trying to get a backup camera (I've seen some of the threads here) and maybe getting Sirius Satellite Radio hooked back up (its equipped for it). I ordered a weather tech second row mat for the kids muddy shoes, etc. Other than that, it has pretty much everything on it.

082FF1E0-FE58-471B-90EF-4FBAF8E59ADE_zpsjtpnheei.jpg

A7B1A9D9-25F9-40F5-BF2E-E22540171256_zpsa4odp7r6.jpg

Last edited:

e4nash

Reaction score
Nice! I just bought a 2008 from a older couple in Blue Ridge. It only had 48k on it. Couldn't have gotten a better deal. I see you are from around me with the Cherokee Ford License plate frame. Welcome... I highly recommend the 2010+ Expy rear window wiper mod. Looks so much better.

OP
OP
Gamecock

Gamecock

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice! I just bought a 2008 from a older couple in Blue Ridge. It only had 48k on it. Couldn't have gotten a better deal. I see you are from around me with the Cherokee Ford License plate frame. Welcome... I highly recommend the 2010+ Expy rear window wiper mod. Looks so much better.

Yeah, I wish I had less miles, but I was also trying to help my folks out and buy it off them. My father bought it from Cherokee Ford where it was a trade in from a corporation that used it as a client/airport transport vehicle. So its been gently used. I'm in Bridgemill so yep, a local.

I'll have to look up the wiper mod. I just got my Weathertech mat for the second row and have some LED interior lights on the way to replace the bulbs. For $40 I thought I'd give it a go. If I like them I'll start doing the exterior as well.

Still having an issue with getting the small middle seat on the 2nd row bench to lock in place (upright). I got under there with a flashlight for like 30 minutes looking and playing....for the life of me can figure it out. I might just run it by Ford one day and have them look.