new member, first post....can't find turn signal flasher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Martin Rester

Reaction score
LED running, Brake, Turn problem.

2007 Expy EL. I have just replaced the rear light with LED lights. It is a strange issue. Of course I had the hyper flashing issue and attempted to find a replacement relay, YES I know the 07 is not supposed to have the flasher relay but according to my owners manual there are TWO relays, one for the Left and one for the Right. Relay # 20 & 21 per the manual. But this is not the main issue.

The problem I am experiencing is when I replace the light with the LED (3147) with the resistor installed I get a normal flashing but the running fight function seem to not illuminate when the running light are on. Sometimes I can get them to work by unplugging and plugging back in the light connector.

I have checked the LED bulbs out of the socket and they work, The turn signal and break light works.

The issue is with the running portion of the bulb. I understand the is a BCM module that is to control the flashing but does the BCM also monitor the current for the running light? Could this be part of my issue?

I will admit I bought the LED bulbs from Amazon at a low cost. Not sure if this is the issue BUT I can get them to work sometimes? This is why I am confused.

There have been no stop, turn or running light issues until now. No other electrical problems.

FYI when I put in the standard 3157 bulbs they work fine with no problem except I get a hyper flash with the resistor installed for the LED bulbs.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
R

robertdogul

Reaction score
LED brake light

I have replaced the rear bulbs with a pair of Philips 3157 Vision red LED. I drive a 2009 Limited and the rear bulbs are multi function (stop, tail, directional).
I had to wire in a resistor to eliminate hyper flashing, the other functions operated normally.

Bob D