New Member here. Hey Yall. I have a 2017 XLT 4x4.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordc82

Reaction score
I just found this site looking for some info some new tires. I had Goodyear Wranglers 275/65R 18, set at 35 PSI since it was new. They wore out and wore like they were under inflated. The door said 35, the tires said Max 51 PSI. So I purchased some Falken WildPeak AT3s LT275/65R 18 for I will be driving on the beach. Most miles will be on the asphalt. It is not a work vehicle. Has 28,000 miles I saw one post earlier about these tires, but again, am new and cant seem to find it. I currently have the Wildpeaks set at 50 PSI, and the tire says Max PSI 81. Does anyone have any suggestions for the PSI when I am driving on the roads (asphalt)? On other post i read some pax are saying 35 like the door states, other say 60, etc. etc. I plan on keeping them at 50 and take it from there, and adjust + or - 5 lbs PSI as I see fit. But if anyone is running Falken Wildpeak AT3s I would like to hear from you on how much PSI you use. Appreciate it. Airborne!

Attachments

• exp 1.jpg
    exp 1.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 5
  • exp 2.jpg
    exp 2.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
fordc82

fordc82

Reaction score
Well I guess I will answer my own question - Reckon Ill do a chalk test and that should put me pretty close to the correct PSI. There were small rubber bumps across the tire, The ones in the middle show wear and the ones on the outside of the tire show less wear, so I am thinking 45 PSI, but the Chalk test should tell the truth. Ill try that tomorrow. but I stilll would like to hear from others. Thanks.

Reaction score
I keep my tires at 38 I notice our expeditions really picky about air pressure in tires. power steering feels better at 38 for me. The 35 on the door felt really nice suspension wise. But steering didn’t feel good to me 38 feels the best.